Oct 5, 2011

Paying it forward

I've come to the realization that I haven't really had the opportunity to talk about how we are passing on God's blessings to us. Because I have started couponing, I have been able to stock up on some essential items for my family. This has been great, because as I get more involved with it, the less effort I have to put in because I can hold out for a GREAT deal. The nice thing is because we are so stocked up, I can now focus on helping out friends/family members by getting them great deals, too. I have been able to pass on contact lens solution (I don't use it, but I was able to get it free) to my sister in law and also pass on some laundry detergent, dish soap, baby wipes, hand soap and other random things to my brother and his wife :-)

I truly feel blessed to be able to help out other people around me and am so thankful that God has brought us to this point. It wasn't that long ago that Dan and I were struggling to feed 4 people and keep a roof over our heads while he was unemployed and bringing home only $15k. That's not to say it isn't still a struggle for us every now and then (sometimes bills all fall at the same time), but we are definitely feeling much more secure, especially since we have started religiously budgeting and "telling our money where to go instead of wondering where it went."

I think what I may do is each keep track of how much stuff I am able to pass on to other and what the value of the items are. I'll be so excited to see how much of an impact we can make on others through the course of a year :-)

Oct. 5, 2011
-4 softsoap hand soaps ($7.56)
-1 8 lb. bag of cat litter ($7.99)
Shelf cost of items given = $15.55

No comments:

Post a Comment